We are continuously seeking talent in the cultural resource management industry, and have openings for part to full time Archaeological Technicians to join our team for multiple archaeological survey and excavation projects located primarily in Florida and/or Arkansas and Missouri.
These projects are across variable terrain and involve shovel testing, test unit excavation, site mapping and documentation, and other duties as assigned. Overnight travel and extended travel will be required.
This position can be based out of our Sarasota, Tallahassee, or St. Augustine offices, or can be based out of Arkansas and Missouri. Preference given to qualified candidates local to these areas.
Please send a cover letter highlighting your qualifications and experience, your resume/CV, contact information for a minimum of two personal references, and availability by email to email@example.com. ACI may contact references and will treat these inquiries with discretion. ACI may seek to confirm education.
- Bachelor's degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or a related field; Master’s preferred
- At least six (6) months field experience at an archaeological field school or professional cultural resources firm
- Experience performing archaeological survey and excavation in the Southeastern or Mid-Southern United States
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to handle multiple projects
- Competent at taking detailed project notes and photography
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to navigate using USGS maps and aerial photography
- Ability to travel weeks at a time
- A valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
- Government background check could be required.
- Preference given to individuals competent at collecting field data using GPS
- Candidates with RPA will be given extra consideration. Potential for advancement for those with a MA or RPA.
- Competitive salary
- Per diem (for overnight travel)
The following provided to full-time personnel:
- Subsidized Group Health Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays (10)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Merit-Based Raises, Bonuses, and Promotions
ACI is an Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
ACI does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.